Let the quizzing begin!
So I survived my first wave of "quizzing" at medical school. I had an online biochem quiz, anatomy quiz, and a pratical quiz officiated by our official "quizmaster". Since my anatomy partner already did a great job of summing up the details and the psychology of it, I will only write this: I studied for these stupid quizzes as if they were my final exams, and they were only 2% of my grade. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid.
Now I'm sick of studying. And it's the third week of school. I need a vacation.
On a more serious note, I am glad that I got some sort of feedback to help me guage how I am doing. You always hear everyone say that they studied their butts off to even be average at med school, so I assumed that studying at full tilt MIGHT earn me a pass, if I was lucky. So, somehow, psychologically knowing that I can do okay on a graded assessment makes me feel better, like I might actually make it through this!
Now I'm sick of studying. And it's the third week of school. I need a vacation.
On a more serious note, I am glad that I got some sort of feedback to help me guage how I am doing. You always hear everyone say that they studied their butts off to even be average at med school, so I assumed that studying at full tilt MIGHT earn me a pass, if I was lucky. So, somehow, psychologically knowing that I can do okay on a graded assessment makes me feel better, like I might actually make it through this!

3 Comments:
i like how your blog entry is a watered-down, easier to read, lighthearted version of mark's. and i just noticed your blog title (grouse anatomy). its awesome! although Bloggy McBlogger might have been better.
--zain "i cant get my ulnar nerve straight" syed
LIke you were worried that you wouldn't do well. Silly girl
I mean, yeah we see each other at school everyday...and yeah, we do all the anatomy studygroup stuff outside of class...but I just feel like I don't have enough avenues to banter with you. If only you have a blog that you updated often (wink, nudge).
I disagree with Zain though. Your blog is not a 'watered-down' version of mine. If anything mine is a super-dorkified version of yours. I mean, have you posted a blog about Mr. Potatohead lately?
Post a Comment
<< Home