Arrhythmic
Some big news on the Keitai front (the first blogworthy thing that has happened that I felt I could include that DOESN'T have something to do with studying and exams).
I tried out for the school A Capella group and I got in! So now I get to stand in a crowd of white coat wearing singers going "do do do ba dee do do do ba bop" while snapping my fingers and looking really excited. Honestly, though, I am psyched to do this - mostly because I always wanted to do A Capella but was never good enough to get into one of their groups. Since most med students are not known for their amazing singing voices, the competition was significantly less intense - and I had a fighting chance for once. Hurray for lowering the bar!
In other news, I am officially a second year med student now! How time flies.... Doesn't it feel like just 10 months ago, I was starting my first year of med school? Yeah. That's cuz it was. Now we are doing a lot less basic sciences and a lot more medically related science. We're looking at lots of F'ed up body parts these days. Earlier today it was cancers of the male genitals, and I can assure you that there was a lot of squirming in the lecture hall.
I officially join JS in his mourning for Fanny's absence. It's weird having her out of the country - come home, Fanny!
I tried out for the school A Capella group and I got in! So now I get to stand in a crowd of white coat wearing singers going "do do do ba dee do do do ba bop" while snapping my fingers and looking really excited. Honestly, though, I am psyched to do this - mostly because I always wanted to do A Capella but was never good enough to get into one of their groups. Since most med students are not known for their amazing singing voices, the competition was significantly less intense - and I had a fighting chance for once. Hurray for lowering the bar!
In other news, I am officially a second year med student now! How time flies.... Doesn't it feel like just 10 months ago, I was starting my first year of med school? Yeah. That's cuz it was. Now we are doing a lot less basic sciences and a lot more medically related science. We're looking at lots of F'ed up body parts these days. Earlier today it was cancers of the male genitals, and I can assure you that there was a lot of squirming in the lecture hall.
I officially join JS in his mourning for Fanny's absence. It's weird having her out of the country - come home, Fanny!

2 Comments:
Soon, very soon!
This is seriously one of the most surreal posts! A cappella--for med students? Aren't all supposed to be too busy making out and saving lives?
It definitely sounds like a great stress relief though...
Thats what you got out of that entry...all I saw was cancer and genetail...ewww
Post a Comment
<< Home