Monday, December 11, 2006

Sick + Trip to DC = Laryngitis

I'm sicky-sick today (I've pretty much been sick in some form or other since tuesday). But I thought I was maybe getting better on friday, only to wake up on saturday with laryngitis and a hacking cough. Of course, me being the completely unreasonable person I am, I was completely dead set on still going to DC for the day, despite the fact that every organ in my body was screaming for me to stay in bed. Except for my spleen - my spleen's crazy like that.

And let's face it, DC was fun! My roommate (Les) and I picked up another friend and made our way up to the shopping mecca I like to call Georgetown. It was really nice - we ate at my favorite Thai restaurant (yummers) then did a whole bunch of window shopping on M street. It was decorated really nicely, and I managed to pick up some nice x-mas prezzies.

But now I am paying for my frivolity. I am at that stage where I have coughed so much for so many days that my chest muscles hurt. My voice is still really froggy, and my throat hurts. Ow! This blows. The worst is that I can't just lie in bed watching movies and sleeping. Yesterday I had to do a research paper on a genetic bleeding disorder, and today I have to learn about colon cancer. Let me tell you, there is nothing like med school to teach you that you should stop getting sick.

I'll think about that the next time I decide to get a long, dragged-out cold.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I told you so!

Monday, December 11, 2006  
Blogger Mark said...

(fake franco-spanish accent) Med School, she is an unkind and jealous mistress...

I'm really sorry to hear you're sick. I would suggest skipping class today in order to properly recuperate, but hey that's just me:)

Tuesday, December 12, 2006  
Blogger Katie Grouse said...

Stupid genetics with all of its required classes!

Tuesday, December 12, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok...i totally checked this over the weekend and i didnt know u were sick.

now that my self-defensive rant is over, i would say that even though youre sick, the hot voice is def a plus. u need to start calling random people and leaving crazy messages on their answering machines...

Tuesday, December 12, 2006  
Blogger ERG said...

Hey KT -- sorry to hear that you've been feeling rotten, you frivolous G-town cavortin' boutique window shoppin' christmas decoration appreciatin' phlegm spewin' procrastinatin' bloggin' part-time med student!! ;-)

Hope you feel better . . . and see you back home in a week!

Love & FBADY

Friday, December 15, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home