A fresh start
OK, I know I suck - almost a month since my last entry. I spent most of it in the Pacific NW, watching daytime TV and eating chocolate. I got to spend time with my niece. I played video games with my brothers. I picked fights with my boyfriend. It was great.
So now it's back to the grindstone, and getting myself to buckle down and study again has not been easy. I think there is a strong part of me that would be okay with being a trashy housewife who stays home all day watching Judge Judy dish out more of her harsh, Jewish Grandmother style of justice. Of course, the other part of me (the part that needs to be continually busy or it will start obsessing about what bizarre diseases I might have) needs to keep working. So, it's back to second semester of medical school for me!
A couple new additions to the curiculum this year for those who are interested. It seems to be all about the brain this semester - neuroanatomy and human behavior. Of course, you all know how I feel about those evil, squishy, prion-factories . Also, physiology - all the complicated stuff, like how a heart beats and how a liver detoxifies and how a spleen... spleens. I'm also doing a volunteer project that involves teaching a self-esteem building workshop to elementary school girls. It could be really fantastic or sort of hum drum - so I'm hoping the kids are more interesting than I was at that age, or I'm in trouble!
So now it's back to the grindstone, and getting myself to buckle down and study again has not been easy. I think there is a strong part of me that would be okay with being a trashy housewife who stays home all day watching Judge Judy dish out more of her harsh, Jewish Grandmother style of justice. Of course, the other part of me (the part that needs to be continually busy or it will start obsessing about what bizarre diseases I might have) needs to keep working. So, it's back to second semester of medical school for me!
A couple new additions to the curiculum this year for those who are interested. It seems to be all about the brain this semester - neuroanatomy and human behavior. Of course, you all know how I feel about those evil, squishy, prion-factories . Also, physiology - all the complicated stuff, like how a heart beats and how a liver detoxifies and how a spleen... spleens. I'm also doing a volunteer project that involves teaching a self-esteem building workshop to elementary school girls. It could be really fantastic or sort of hum drum - so I'm hoping the kids are more interesting than I was at that age, or I'm in trouble!

4 Comments:
Hey chickey...be careful how you label housewives! Not all of us sit around watching Judge Judy. Gee, your going to give us good housewives a bad name! He He He! You sound excited about your new classes!
Love ya!
Hey hey, I said a TRASHY housewife! And if I were a housewife, that is exactly what I would be!! Classes are okay... I have to update!
This blog is in danger of becoming the forgotten shirt in your closet. Every day I check for a little Katie Grouse joy via blog ... every day I die a little inside when you do not post.
So give us your thoughts. Please.
I have to agree with Mark that I, too, think that ... every day I die a little inside when you do not post.
and shit. i need to *call* you. i thin i f*cked up with the snowboarding :/ is that even a possibility with you anymore? oh, and while I have your attention, go read my lj and find out how I contributed to a majorly broken arm of my bf-type friend...
Post a Comment
<< Home