Familytime
Yesterday was parents' day, so lots of the med students had their mommies and daddies in town. My dad came from Seattle (via NYC, where he had a business meeting), and spent all day saturday hanging out in C'ville with me. It was nice because he paid for the gasoline when I had to fill up, he paid for groceries, and he took me and my roommates out to dinner. Yes, I was truly living large this weekend! But today my dad had to go home, so I ate a microwave lean cuisine for dinner (big change from my hangar steak yesterday!).
The funniest part about the event was that the students had to drop their parents off at a parents' day event (which was supposed to be only for the parents), and then pick them up at the end. Us students sort of felt like we were picking up our kids from daycare - look, that short one in glasses in the third row is mine - teacher says he's really good at fingerpainting. Also, my dad was the gunner of the parents - during the various talks, he was one of the only ones taking notes. One of my friends said, "I saw that your dad had taken notes and was like, 'Dad, didn't YOU take any notes??'". I'm glad none of the other parents felt threatened or decided to gang up on him, steal his notes and flush them down the toilet or something.
Now that the weekend is almost over, I am trying to get back to reality. I'm also trying to defeat my recent lack of motivation (ever since I finished my midterm exams). I hope my motivation comes back before finals :-)
The funniest part about the event was that the students had to drop their parents off at a parents' day event (which was supposed to be only for the parents), and then pick them up at the end. Us students sort of felt like we were picking up our kids from daycare - look, that short one in glasses in the third row is mine - teacher says he's really good at fingerpainting. Also, my dad was the gunner of the parents - during the various talks, he was one of the only ones taking notes. One of my friends said, "I saw that your dad had taken notes and was like, 'Dad, didn't YOU take any notes??'". I'm glad none of the other parents felt threatened or decided to gang up on him, steal his notes and flush them down the toilet or something.
Now that the weekend is almost over, I am trying to get back to reality. I'm also trying to defeat my recent lack of motivation (ever since I finished my midterm exams). I hope my motivation comes back before finals :-)

1 Comments:
This was a great post, KT. I can totally picture everything you described . . .
Post a Comment
<< Home