Burnout...
... is what I am feeling these days. Second year is like a never-ending slew of the binge and purge of information. As I move into exam week, I realize how much motivation I've lost since I was a bright-eyed and energetic first year. I've gotten to the point where I don't even care that I've lost motivation. Earlier in the year, I still got worked up about the fact that I wasn't as worked up about exams. Now, even that is gone.
But as sad as it is that I am not as gung-ho about learning everything they throw at us as I used to be, I realize that this is probably a good development. No one can make it through medical school giving that much of themselves to their studies without losing a big part of themselves by the end of the process. I don't see how that would make you a better doctor.
But as sad as it is that I am not as gung-ho about learning everything they throw at us as I used to be, I realize that this is probably a good development. No one can make it through medical school giving that much of themselves to their studies without losing a big part of themselves by the end of the process. I don't see how that would make you a better doctor.

2 Comments:
YAYAYAYAYAYYYYY!!!!!!
I'm glad you're posting again! (though sorry to hear about 2nd year burnout... maybe I *don't* have med-school-envy.....)
I feel like I should write a big "YOU CAN DO IT" speech, but really, we both know you can...and it won't make you feel any better. Just keep your eye on the end of exam hell and know that it will come.
A couple nights of sleep make everything better :)
Post a Comment
<< Home