Far away friends
Today, two good friends called me from what currently feels like the other end of the world - Iraq. Their voices sounded so far away, so quiet. They both have phone numbers with Northern Virginia area codes, and so can call me as if they are calling from the next county over. But the amount of satellites the frequency must be crossing blows my mind. I've been a little worried about them, especially Stephanie, who just got there a few days ago. I know that they are safe and secure, and that nothing bad will happen to them. I have to say, though - hearing their voices on the phone made me feel a lot better!
And since they are so far away, and we won't be able to talk as much, and also because John guilted me, I am going to try to get better about updating the blog.
Right now I am (big surprise) studying for exams. This is the 3rd block of 2nd year curriculum, out of a total of four blocks. We finish our fourth and final block in March, then take a month off to study for and take the first step of our national qualifying exams, the USMLE. After I take it, I am meeting John and Stephanie somewhere in the world, destination yet to be determined. We are leaning towards Egypt, Australia, or Monaco (this was John's idea; I don't think I could even find Monaco on a map). Egypt would be cooler, but Australia would probably be cool while being a lot more relaxing.... We'll see!
And since they are so far away, and we won't be able to talk as much, and also because John guilted me, I am going to try to get better about updating the blog.
Right now I am (big surprise) studying for exams. This is the 3rd block of 2nd year curriculum, out of a total of four blocks. We finish our fourth and final block in March, then take a month off to study for and take the first step of our national qualifying exams, the USMLE. After I take it, I am meeting John and Stephanie somewhere in the world, destination yet to be determined. We are leaning towards Egypt, Australia, or Monaco (this was John's idea; I don't think I could even find Monaco on a map). Egypt would be cooler, but Australia would probably be cool while being a lot more relaxing.... We'll see!

1 Comments:
awww, I feel special. thanks for the honorable mention.
Post a Comment
<< Home